Rehab Yoga: Asana Teaching Methodologies, Class Sequencing & Program Designing Workshop”
“Sthira Sukham Asanam”
We know and understand that yoga means union therefore it’s a oneness of body, mind and soul. As great Yogis used to use certain breathing techniques as a medium to achieve this goal with time and practice, similarly in modern world the goal might be same but there are various challenges.
The most important challenge to walk in the yogic path and achieve its goals in modern world is Vyadhi (disease) weather physical or mental. Till the time people are struggling and suffering with their own body and mind’s instability it’s very tough to maintain discipline.
Nowadays people don’t understand and consider their limitations, diseases, illnesses and think that like people in old days used to get benefits and achievements from yoga and yogic life, similarly they will also get, however it’s not easy because Vyadhi is restricting them from even living a healthy life.
Also, they try to find out all the solutions through yoga itself and that also in 1 hour of practice 3 days a week or less. They don’t want to understand that Yoga is not meant for therapeutic purpose, all the health benefits are the by products of yogic lifestyle. Yoga is not a exercise program it should be one’s lifestyle and then only all the Siddhi/achievements can be achieved.
Therefore in Rehab Yoga we are focusing on foundation of life using yogic limbs as described by Maharishi Patanjali in Yoga Sutras. We are trying to overcome the limitations, instability and all the restrictions which are holding a person back in modern lifestyle from getting yogic benefits, and then with their own pace and practice people will start getting into the path of real yoga.
In Rehab Yoga we are trying to give meaning and purpose to all the actions so that each step will be valuable and a stepping stone towards Samadhi/Enlightenment.
We need to first understand and listen to our own bodies before we can make conclusions about the external world. It’s time to get back to the basics, it’s time to get connected with the self, it’s time to be on the yogic path to achieve higher consciousness and all these will only happen when we will take accountability for ourself and acceptance as it is.
Who Should Join:
- Yoga teacher and practitioners.
- Anyone who is looking for more structured format to take Yoga Asana classes including all types of formats; Hatha, Vinyasa, Power, Yin, Restorative, Chair, Yoga Nidra and so on.
- One who wish to have effective cueing on finger tips for all the yoga Asanas & Classes.
- One who wish to use simple Anatomical terms in coaching classes
- One who wish to cover Alignment techniques within the cueing itself to make it effective
- One who wish to learn holistic sequencing to give overall benefits to clients in each class
- One who wish to learn different styles of class & program designing of Yoga classes
- One who wish to learn Teaching Methodologies of Yoga Asana Classes, Asana Teaching Methodologies, Class Sequencing & Program Designing Workshop
What Will You Learn:
- Asana cueing with corrective Alignment
- Class designing for various goals and styles of class
- Sequencing of Asana classes to give holistic approach to overall health
- Learn all the yoga Asanas with effective cueing to yield benefits and not only aesthetic from each yoga asana
- Learn how give Physical, Physiological, Mental & Spiritual Benefits from each posture/asana
- Learn muscle control and relaxation techniques during holding a yoga asana
- Learn grounding techniques to gain maximum benefits from each posture
- Learn how to be mindful by effective cueing techniques
- Learn techniques to get rid of aches and pains in the back, knees, hips, shoulders, neck and so on through yoga Asanas
- Learn Progressions and Regressions of each yoga posture
- Learn to modify the postures according to individual needs and limitations
- Learn the props work to overcome the limitations
- Learn Stretch and Pain areas during holding a posture to prevent injury and gain benefits
- Learn specific alignment according to each individual Biomechanics
- Learn to Master the cueing to make the difference to your audience
- Learn class sequencing for various purposes including but not limited to; Hatha, Vinayasa Flow, Yin, Restorative, Power, Strength, Flexibility, Core, Muscular Endurance and so on.
- Learn to design safe and effective yoga asana programs for your clients with progressions to achieve desired goals.
What Will You Experience:
- New ways to get into postures using muscle control. Feel mind, body & breath connection during posture and how to come out safely from posture
- Awareness of Muscle tension and Joint compression during movement
- New ways to Align the misalignment during postures.
- Experience more optimism and positivity during Asanas.
- Increase in confidence.
- Prevention of injury
- Hands on testing and assessments techniques
- Effective Cueing on fingertips
What will you get?
- Training is delivered Offline & Online in 10 days. Total number of course hours will be 20.
- This course has powerful hands-on learning techniques to design effective Yoga Asana Classes.
- Rehab Yoga Branded T-Shirt (Only to Offline Participants)
- Rehab Yoga Course Manual (Hardcopy to Offline Participants & PDF copy to Online Participants)
- Full Course Recording of the live classes (Only for Online Course Participants)
- Rehab Yoga course completion coloured certificate affiliated from Yoga Alliance USA (Hardcopy to Offline Participants & Soft copy in email to Online Participants)
- 20 Contact hours from Yoga Alliance USA
- Guidance on all Yoga Postures with right alignment and muscle control.
- Guidance on how to design a Yoga class with effective Sequencing.
- Guidance on Adjustment & Alignment with Progression & Regression.