“Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for
the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.”
Meaning of YOGA:
As per Rehab Yoga, there is no particular definition of yoga. The word yoga comes from the word “yuj” which means “to join” or “to yoke”. The most important thing we need to understand is that yoga is not a religion it is a pure science. Every asana which we perform is totally based on the science. so, yoga is a very logical concept which the infinite number of benefits to our body from head to toe.
Yoga is the process of knowing who we are, it helps us to understand and analyze our depths. Basically, the main aim of practising yoga is “self-awakening and introspection. We can easily get closer to our own selves, to our strengths and weaknesses. As such yoga is the process of “self-the ”. It is the simple process of inhaling and exhaling of oxygen by sitting in the definite positions.
If we talk about the philosophical aspect of yoga in which it is all about the “conscious connection” and
how to eliminate anger, negativity etc from ourselves. yoga leads to the path for eternal happiness, joy,
Yoga has many good effects on our health, which are described below:
• Focus and Concentration: the most important benefit of meditation on our health is that it increases our concentration power to the great extent. Today, one of the major problem well facing that we are not able to fully focus on the things we do. That is why we are not able to get the optimum results out of that. So, there is the number of reasons which helps us to increase our concentration level which is very easy to perform even.
• Reduced stress and anxiety: the other major effect of yoga is that it helps us to reduce the high
amount of stress and anxiety. When we breathe in and breathe out we exhale our anger and inhale the
fresh air which calms down our mind and makes us feel very relaxed and stress- free.
• Helps to fight depression: no medicine can cure mental illness but yes, yoga helps us to fight
depression. When we perform some specific asanas regularly in the correct form It helps us to heel our
mental illness and elevates the depression. It helps to uplift the mood and reduces the anxiety.
• Efficient heart function: not only this yoga also helps to keep a regular check on the heartbeat of the person. It makes the heart less prone to the heart-related problems simultaneously alleviates the
problem of high blood pressure.
• Overall health: yoga improves the overall health of the person. From rejuvenating the mood to the
making the brain sharp and focused It performs all the functions. Only the person has to practice it
regularly at a particular time with the correct postures. Then surely yoga will give true meaning to the
So, today in the unhealthy lifestyle way of living life, yoga has become very important part and parcel of
our lives. It teaches us the simplest ways of living a well-balanced life and brings the ultimate form of
peace and satisfaction to one’s life. It is rightly said that yoga is an “Undisturbed calmness of mind is
attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.”
It is very easy to learn the correct postures for the asanas either one can go learn it from youtube etc or can join professional classes. But one should definitely try to indulge in the habit of practising yoga on the daily basis.