“Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.”
Meaning of YOGA:
As per Rehab Yoga, there is no particular definition of yoga. The word yoga comes from the word “yuj” which means “to join” or “to yoke”. The most important thing we need to understand is that yoga is not a religion it is a pure science. Every asana which we perform is totally based on the science. so, yoga is a very logical concept which the infinite number of benefits to our body from head to toe.
Yoga is the process of knowing who we are, it helps us to understand and analyze our depths. Basically, the main aim of practising yoga is “self-awakening and introspection. We can easily get closer to our own selves, to our strengths and weaknesses. As such yoga is the process of “self-discovery”. It is the simple process of inhaling and exhaling of oxygen by sitting in the definite positions. If we talk about the philosophical aspect of yoga in which it is all about the “conscious connection” and how to eliminate anger, negativity etc from ourselves. yoga leads to the path for eternal happiness, joy, and optimism.
Yoga has an infinite number of advantages on the brain, which is described below:
- Anxiety and stress relief: today huge population in India is suffering from the problems like anxiety and stress. They take a number of medicines to reduce stress but all that is a temporary process. But yoga plays a very crucial role in reducing stress od day to day life. Certain asanas help to calm down the anxiety levels of the person by making him feel good and relaxed.
- Helps to fight depression: the other one of the main benefit of yoga on the brain is that it helps to fight with depression. It is impossible to cure depression with medicines but yoga can do wonders in reducing the effects of depression brain as well as on the over the health of the person.
- Sharpens the memory: yes, yoga plays a very important role in sharpening the memory of the person especially in youth and children. it shows results only when it is done on the regular basis. No doubt, an outcome may time little time but one has to be very consistent and patient with it.
- Increases the efficiency and focus of the brain: one of the most important asanas of yoga is to inhale the fresh oxygen and exhale. This helps in meditating and meditating is the most important factor through which one can improve its focus. One can collect all its diverted energy and can convert it into something very powerful. Simultaneously increases the efficiency of mind to do the productive things.
- Clear the blockages of mind: To have a very optimistic view of life is very mandatory to live a happy and satisfied life and that can be on achieved through the mind only which generates positives thoughts. The mind is a garden and we always have to check on those thoughts which make it a dustbin. So, yoga plays an important role in eliminating all sort of negativity from the mind and allows the mind to always believe in positive thoughts. Thus, we can say it helps to clear blockages in mind.
So, today in the unhealthy lifestyle way of living life, yoga has become very important part and parcel of our lives. It teaches us the simplest ways of living a well-balanced life and brings the ultimate form of peace and satisfaction to one’s life. It is rightly said that yoga is an “Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.” It is very easy to learn the correct postures for the asanas either one can go learn it from youtube etc or can join professional classes. But one should definitely try to indulge in the habit of practising yoga on the daily basis.